Custom Search

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Mansplit



Happy Tuesday All!


I have been itching to write a good old fashioned vent blog for quite some time now, I have recently been blessed with the perfect degree of pure Fuckery to get the ball rolling……….. In addition to this cyber temper tantrum that I am about to post I feel the need to ask a few questions. Just to get my queries out into the universe in hopes that some Good Samaritan will pass by my blog and leave some answers in the comment section.

I love men, I swear I do. I don’t want to hurt them. I just want to hug them – kind of like Elmira.


These men out here keep so much shit with them. Half of these bastard children don’t know what the hell to do with themselves. The other half are scared of change and would much rather sit and talk about what it is they want out of life. As yet another decade passes them by they sit and wonder what life could have been. They re-live all the wrong choices they have made from the shouldas to the wouldas as they throw hate at the ones that were bold enough to have a plan and stick to it. You can find one on your nearest corner, stoop, park bench or sofa. (35 years old wearing true religions) Easy to spot they are – just one look into their face gives off that old head vibe, the look of them being the sole human to come from a hard childhood. (The answer for everything) The air about them screams I am the soul survivor of hardships and I fucked up my chance at success therefore those around me must keep me cozy down here. If you listen real close you can hear them chanting the failure of others. You can hear them saying I must stay surrounded by those that are just like me, that way I can continue to justify my failure by not leaving the hood and staying true to my peers. The stench of hindrance that seeps from their pores is almost permanent, kind of like cigarette smoke in your hair. Their mannerisms act out “stay the fuck down here with me dog” without them even moving a muscle.

You can attempt a conversation just for kicks and figure them out by the time your body completes one cycle of blood flow. Psychiatrists say body language aides in pinpointing a lie. Some are so devious as a result of their "upbringing" that they have mastered control of the tell tale signs of bullshitting. They are quick but not as sharp as most. They tell on themselves through contradiction. Their very presence is contradictory. The common line “oh I’m not like the others” loses its finesse when your aura screams otherwise, you are not like the others yet you are a cookie cut of the rest, you want to better yourself without sweating, you want success without hardships, you’re single in a relationship, you have no children but you have two or more kids. The usual. the fuckery, their life.

What about the undecided ones, as wishy- washy as a three year old. I can’t even say a five year old because at that age most children can focus long enough to complete a jumbo puzzle. Going non- stop from sun up to sundown. In lust with everyone out of love for themselves. Selfish for the most part but sweet for personal gain…… No real goal for life, willing to wing it just to get by another day. So stereotypical-Sad I know, so what do we do? We try to coax them into putting that energy and mentality into something worthwhile….. the truth is a necessary pain. It’s imperative in the reconstruction of a stagnant man. Most can’t make it past the realization period and they fold. They tuck themselves inside a 5th of dark liquor or a cigarillo. Would this person think it’s time to quit if they have lived through three eras of roll-ups? These grown ass “keep a nigga” babies gone wrong are really fucking with society. Call it what you want but from my viewpoint the wishy -washiness is a direct result of “daddy wasn’t there” syndrome.

The attachment issues that they hold inside keep them from nurturing others. Its not that they don’t know how, it’s that they only know how when it’s convenient for them. Of course he is going to love you when his ass has no home, the jump offs are hip, his money is low and he knows you’re cooking. That dude is going to be right up in your shit playing house. Don’t get too comfy though because once he deceives his next asset you may forget how he looks for a minute. There goes that drifter thing again. There goes the next woman to be called out her name for scowling at a dude just for saying hi. It’s partly her fault, yeah that is true. In most cases that same woman is an enabler……….. Either way that dude is wrong because more than likely he is on the prowl.


Whew that was a great vent. No for my questions, there are three that have been bothering me for a few months.


1. Why do we continue to enable the wrong type of behavior?


2. Why are some folks so co-dependant that they put up with blatant disrespect on a daily basis?


3. Why do we all have that one friend that you never hear from until their counterpart is messing up and they need someone to talk to?



Mrs. B


One step at a time yall…. One step at a time.


6 comments:

  1. Why do I feel like I am in an episode of the damn Twilight Zone? My friend is dealing with this same bullshit as we speak (or as I type). She has been with this boy who is pretending to be a man and they have procreated three times! He is almost 40 biologically but mentally he is as old as his oldest daughter (It must be nice to be two years old again...LOL) But since I have the crazy ability to see through bullshit, I don't know why some of us put up with it. Sorry I could not help you out more girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you vent, and I will vent right along with you. First off I resent the "35 with True Religions on." I'm 31 & still wear them. I must be another victim huh? lol Yes an alarming multitude of men have enough problems & issues that could fill up the Atlantic Ocean twice. I'm not here to defend them either, but I want to give some clarity to the situation. If you take brothers like myself, then you'll see a flip side. Generally I have played it safe my entire life. What does that mean? I have no police record. I'm pretty straight edge in that I don't smoke or drink nor take any illicit drugs. I usually speak with fervor but respect to the fairer sex. I work two jobs, and have been employed somewhere for the past 16 years. You would think that some woman would kill to have someone like me. HOWEVER, not only am I single but I haven't really been serious about any woman for some years now. The men that you mention ARE NOT stupid. They see that & wonder "why should I live that kind of life when I can be a TOTAL asshole & get all the women I want?" My best friend's sister is a prime example. For years my best friend has urged me to marry his sister. Not only does this chick go for someone she picks a dude dumber than a crash test dummy who beat the shiznit out of her during those teen years. At one point I actually thought about becoming like one of these dudes who hug the block & treat chicks like they are fine cuts of meat that get bland over time. Other than my personal morality & Allah overall there is very little gain to living a controlled life. A majority of these men who are POTE (products of their environment) don't even think about that b/c they're busy using the women who understand their story while negecting mines. UGH I'm dne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jersey Girl I feel u totally! History repeats itself this crap has been going on for years! thanks for stopping through

    ReplyDelete
  4. MHS! U stay shuttin stuff down don't ya! IJS the true religons were more like metaphor - som emen that age ONLY wear blue jeans and t shirts. We all know you can get suited up from time to time so u get a pass. It's more for those idiots that have no real goals. As far as the woman you mention some of us don't know any better, if all you know is beat the shiznit out of me until I age then that's what you go for....... We should put opur heads together on how to have tv commercials that advertise good men, not l;ike a dating network just something to keep hope alive

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah...the 35 w/true religions got me, cuz i'm 36 MS B!
    I know the person u speak of. I can say I am even a "cousin" of that tribe. There's the street side, then there's the what u s'posed to be doin side. That side u speak of....those people are livin they 2nd childhood(may i suggest listening to Nas cd "The Lost Tapes", or just youtube "2nd childhood" by Nas). yeah, u will find some women out here in the same family yo.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats up Duck and second childhood is one of the best songs nas made! that's that ill or still matic joint in my car! yeah there are women like that as well but I dont date women so I cant talk about it!

    ReplyDelete