Custom Search

Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther "The" King Jr. Day


Happy MLTKJ Day to All


I chose this pic for a reason, everybody posts the Happy Pics of MLTK, I for one feel like allot of us has forgotten exactly what he did for our people. Not only was he orgasmic he caught charges for our freedom. This man did not sit in jail so that our young men can walk around in skinny jeans. Yes that was straight contradictory, he fought for freedom in all forms. I just have a problem with skinny jeans on dudes. The day my son asks me for skinny jeans will be the start of child welfare visits to my home.

I appreciate Martin for all that he’s done. He was a true ride or die dude and I love him for that. Feel free to drop off why you appreciate him in my comments….


Mrs. B

ps. Martin Luther The King is what I call him, don't get silly - -

2 comments:

  1. I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to say I own two pairs of True Religion jeans that are slim fitted. MLK was amazing simply put. For such a powerful man he only stood about 5'4" tall. Although Bayard Rustin was his speech writer, I can tell that his words wouldn't have had the same effect if Bayard himself spoke them. This shows me that the soul of MLK was that powerful. Contrary to popular belief he had many enemies among his own race (one of them being Adam Clayton Powell). We didn't heed him 100%, and many who claimed to love the man stabbed him the back the most. In the SCLC, Reverend Wyatt Tee Walker used to manage the books when King first arrived. Walker asked King for a raise in salary, and he couldn't offer one to Walker since they were tight on the budget. This clown actually left the SCLC b/c he needed more money while still claiming he was down with the Civil Rights movement. That's the difference b/w MLK & many of his other contemporaries. Rain, shine, sleet, hail, or even avalanche he was about freedom & nothing less. Long live the memory of MLK on his 80th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather who is 82 actually was a friend of Dr. King. He told me all types of stories about his friend. I have much love and respect for Dr. King. I also have much love and respect for Malcolm X. I think his contributions to the struggle go unrecognized because he doesn't get the glamour from white media. Truth be told, there is no one without the other. They are ying and yang. Dr. King himself has said that Malcolm X took a lot of the hate and anger away from him. It allowed Dr. King the chance to do some of the things he did. As minute as it was, Malcolm lighten the burden on Dr. King. If there was one person that rednecks hated more than Dr. King it was Malcolm X. I choose to celebrate both today, not for birth of one or the other but for what they did for Black People.

    ReplyDelete